How to wear your medical face mask?
For the mask to be effective and safe to wear, it is essential to follow a specific procedure when putting it on your face:
- Make sure your mask is clean and dry
- Wash your hands with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds before touching your mask. If conditions are not reunited, use a hydro-alcoholic disinfectant with at least 60% alcohol.
- Place your mask on your face, making sure to cover your nose and mouth properly. Then adjust your mask using the cords or elastics. Your mask should fit snugly to your cheeks so that it does not form a gap.
Whatever type of mask you wear, try to avoid touching your face as much as possible. If it fits tightly when you put it on, it will limit the amount of handling you have to do.
How to take off your medical face mask?
Before removing your mask, repeat the procedure by washing your hands with warm water for at least 20 seconds. If this is not possible, use a hydro-alcoholic disinfectant with at least 60% alcohol.
- Use the cords to loosen and remove your mask. Avoid touching the front of your face mask when removing it.
- If you are not at home, store your mask in a closed bag or pouch.
With the new pollution generated by disposable masks, we strongly encourage you to opt for a washable cloth mask. We know that legislation in most provinces requires hairdressers to wear a medical mask while working. The rest of the time, outside of your working hours, opt for a washable mask.
How to wash your reusable mask?
To wash your mask or washable face cover properly:
- Put it in the washer on a hot cycle and dry it thoroughly before using it.
- Hand wash with warm water and soap for at least 5 minutes, making sure to soap all parts of the mask.
Discover all the options for hairdressers on Boutique 8084!